Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hey Look a Transvestite

So, school is in session now and my life has suffered a dramatic loss of excitement. Compared to traveling around one of the most beautiful countries in the world any kind of school would be boring, but I am taking considerably hard classes and so most of my time now goes to studying of some sort =( . That is not to say that fun has left the building though. Living in a city is great because there are so many things to do ALL the time. Last night I was walking down the street and Brett McKenzie, from Flight of the Conchords, was coming the other way! I got his J Hancock on a twelve pack of beer I was carrying (it was all I had). However, being the small town boy that I am, living in the city has also shocked the hell out of me. Take, for instance, the 3 or 4 transvestite prostitutes that I pass by whenever I walk home late at night. Yes, they did hit on me once, and yes I did run away utterly afraid. Wellington seems to have no shortage of trannys either. They hang out in different locations throughout the city and as a result people I know alter their walking route home to avoid the whole situation. It really is a situation. But extremely disturbed men isn't a good representation of Wellington. Overall, being the capital of New Zealand, it is a very active, compact, business oriented place. It actually is one of the safest cities I have ever been in. I am loving the city, and the culture, more and more as I get to know it better.

This weekend I am going to Abel Tasman national park to backpack for two nights and three days. It is an incredible place and I am excited to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment